Swing Disc - Straight Drop
UCC 8” X 10” straight drop gates were designed for on/off service in pneumatic conveying applications of dry ash. The design is rugged, easy to maintain and clean operating. This valve has replaceable abrasion resistant disc and seat options that protect the valve body which extends the service life and reduces the operating costs. The access cover allows the valve to be adjusted and maintained without removing it from the conveying line. The 8” X 10” straight drop gates can be shipped pre-piped and fully assembled with an air cylinder and a variety of limit switches and solenoid valves which reduces field assembly and installation costs.
- One piece body – Rugged and high strength design
- Access Covers – Allows adjustments and maintenance to be performed in place.
- Spring loaded packing design – Maintains loading during operation and prevents leakage
- Large throat or flow diameter – Allow high material flow rates and reduces the chances of plugging
- Pivot Ball Disc and Lever Arrangement – Disc is spring mounted to pivot ball which allows self adjustment for better sealing.
- Heated seat option – Prevents build-up of sticky ash which improves performance and reduces maintenance
- Tungsten Carbide Disc and Seat option – Improved wear resistance which reduces maintenance costs.
- Valves are shipped pre-piped and fully assembled – Reduced installation costs
- Valves are rebuildable – Extended service life of the valve
- Limit Switches – Roller lever type and proximity are available with mounting brackets
- Solenoids – Normally closed or open, voltage, manual operators, temperature rating and manufacturer
- Pre-piping – Brass fittings with rubber hose, Swagelok stainless steel fittings and Swagelok stainless steel hoses, Swagelok stainless steel fittings and Swagelok rubber hoses
|Inlet Size and Type: ||8" ANSI B16.5, Class 150 (other sizes are available) |
|Outlet Size and Type: ||10" Bevel (other sizes are available) |
|Maximum Pressure: ||40 PSIG for Ductile Iron Body |
| ||100 PSIG for Ductile Iron Body |
|Maximum Temperature: ||up to 800 °F |
|Seat Heater: ||Optional (120VAC or 240 VAC) |
Material of Construction:
|Body: ||Cast Iron or Ductile Iron |
|Access Port: ||Carbon Steel |
|Disc: ||Abrasion resistant cast iron or tungsten carbide |
|Seat: ||Abrasion resistant cast iron or tungsten carbide |
|Packing: ||TFE Impregnated Yarn |
|Bearing Housing: ||Cast Gray Iron |
|Shaft: ||17-4 PH Stainless Steel |
|Levers: ||Cast Ductile Iron |
|Ball Pivot: ||440 C Stainless Steel |
|Actuator Bracket: ||Fabricated Carbon Steel |
Please contact your local sales representative for more information.
Can the disc and seat be replaced while gate is installed in the line? [+]
Yes, the 8” X 10” straight drop gates have a 12” X 12” access cover that allow the disc and seat to be changed while the gate remains in the conveying line.
When the valve is open, is the disc out of the flow of the ash? [+]
Yes, the design of the body includes a “bluge” which allows the disc and lever to swing completely out of the material flow.
What is the minimum air pressure required to actuate the air cylinder on these valves[+]
The operating range for the air cylinder is 60-100 PSI.
What accessories can be ordered on these valves[+]
These valves can be ordered with an air cylinder and a variety of limit switches and solenoid valves. These valves can also be shipped assembled and pre-piped with the accessories.