40DH Heated Knife Gate
United Conveyor Corporation (UCC) 40DH Heated Blade Knife Gate Valve is specifically designed for on/off pipeline isolation service in the pneumatic conveying of ash exposed to dry scrubbers and dry sorbent injection systems. Dry scrubber ash contains a high amount of calcium compounds, which sets up and hardens during the conveying process causing problems to gates and valves. UCC has taken the reliable and rugged design of the 40D knife gate valve and applied proven heating technology to the blade. Proper heating of the blade prevents the build-up of dry scrubber ash for improved sealing performance, increased packing life and greater reliability. The 40DH knife gate valve is shipped fully assembled to reduce installation cost.
- Heated blade prevents material build-up which improves packing seal performance and life
- Stainless steel guard improves heat retention
- Hardcoat anodized aluminum blade allows proper heat transfer while providing abrasion resistance
- Replaceable seat, flow cone and wear liner allow the valve to be economically rebuilt
- Replaceable blade wedge pins (branchline only) allow the body to be reused
- Superior Sealing Performance
- Spring-loaded packing design maintains seal pressure during operation, preventing leakage and extending the life of the blade and packing
- Multi-layered PTFE impregnated yarn reduces friction on the blade providing a pressure-tight seal and easy operation
- Rounded blade edges provide improved sealing and prevent packing damage
- Crowned packing gland maintains uniform pressure on the packing
- Precision-machined blade guides prevent lateral movement extending packing life
- Adjustable blade wedge pins (branchline only) align the blade tight against the seat
- Optional Components
- Valve configuration options: hardened ductile iron flow cone, wear liner or seat
- Air cylinder actuator
- Roller lever type and proximity limit switches are available with pre-drilled brackets for easy installation
- Rainhood provides environmental protection
- Pre-piping options:
- Brass or stainless steel Swagelok® fittings
- Rubber or stainless steel Swagelok hoses
What is the purpose of heating the blade?[+]
This valve was specifically designed for pipeline isolation in systems that are conveying ash exposed to dry scrubbers and dry sorbents. These materials contain high amounts of calcium compounds which make them difficult to convey. Proper heating of the blade prevents the material build-up and improves sealing performance, increases packing life and provides greater reliability.
Is the packing gland adjustable?[+]
Yes, it is. Depending on the operating conditions of the system, the packing gland typically needs adjustment every year on vacuum systems and twice a year for pressure systems. The packing gland also includes a spring loaded feature that maintains loading during operation which prevents leakage and extends the life of blade and packing.
How is the blade kept against the seat?[+]
The wedge pins pushes the blade tightly against the seat which improves the sealing. The wedge pins are replaceable and adjustable. If the valve develops a leak, the wedge pins can be adjusted to eliminate or reduce the leakage between the blade and seat.
Can these valves be rebuilt?[+]
Yes, both valve and actuator can be rebuilt. See drawing 3-1918-118 for valve and air cylinder repair kits.
What is the minimum air pressure required to actuate the air cylinder on these valves?[+]
The operating range for the air cylinder is 80-100 PSI.
What accessories can be ordered on these valves?[+]
These valves can be ordered pre-piped with solenoid valves and assembled with limit switches.